Address

1302 Kenyon St. NW, Washington D.C. 20010

Saturday, March 19, 2011

March Madness!

Life is just rolling along these days. Lots of talk about wedding, jobs, medical school, and such, but mostly just work and play, like a normal person. I'm falling completely in love with DC weather. Besides the random showers, its SO NICE! Warm. 60s. Sun. Flowers blooming. Cherry blossoms! (sigh) this is real life and its lovely. Sorry Goshen, but after this, it's gonna take some major work to move me back there.

Work continues to be a balance of good, bad, and in between. We're shuffling people around and new things crop up every week, so it's definitely teaching me a lesson in flexibility and is reminding me that I like structure in my life. That said, I'm still involved with a variety of things, which is good because all of my little jobs manage to keep my attention. I'm afraid that if I only had one task that I would get burnt out pretty quickly. One of the parts that I'm most enjoying (although it can also be the most tiring and confusing) is teaching a computer class twice a week.  Helping people master the basic skills like how to turn on a computer, how to use a mouse, and how to open Word and the internet has been really empowering, both for the students and for me. I like how hands-on the class is and that there are tangible results that actually impact people's lives--even if they develop slowly over the course of a few months and with much patience and 1-on-1 assistance.

Jordan is in Denver now. Turns out long distance relationships in the same country are pretty similar to long distance relationships in foreign countries. Maybe even harder, ha! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to actually being in the same place as him and I'm ready for wedding planning to be done with. Such a headache for one day. yeah, yeah, it's a really special day and a really special celebration and yeah, great, yeah. But, i'd much rather just hang out with everyone. :)

What else is new? The Baltimore MVS unit came down for a visit this weekend. It was fun to walk around the city with them and swap stories about MVS. I played in a co-ed soccer tourney for a group of guys from the Democratic National Committee. They were as a lot like what I might stereotype them to be personality-wise and soccer skills-wise (easy going, a bit nerdy, fun, more like intramural athletes than division 1 starters). So, fun even though we lost almost all of our games? At some point last month my housemates and I went to a Georgetown basketball game (not super thrilling) and ate out at a really yummy restaurant. I also made a quick trip out to Cleveland and got to hang out with my aunt, uncle, and cousins (way fun!!) and trekked through the snow storm to see my grandparents (also pretty great). Book club was fun this month (we discussed Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides) and we're reading the Big Burn by Timothy Egan (a nonfiction book about Roosevelt and the huge fires of 1910).

 And there you have it, all the details of my life.  I'm really excited for my family to visit and for this warm weather to continue. I'd be even MORE excited if I could know what's going on with you. So write me an email, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment